Welcome to Pepstock.org!
The Pepstock Team is pleased to announce the availability of JEM, the BEE version 2, called BERGAMOTTO.
Version 2.1, BERGAMOTTO, has been released! (July, 2014).
Download from here!new Play with JEM version 2.1! Download the sandbox from here, for both Virtual Box and VMWare player, and try it!
Version 2.2, BERGAMOTTO, is coming soon! (December, 2014).
Next release 2.2, will contain:
- JBoss JBPM integration, using BPMN2 as JCL
- BASH and Windows CMD integration, as JCLs
- REST API fully implemented
- Deployer on JEM by a JEM ANT task which can deploy artifacts on JEM by REST
- Oracle and IBM DB2 compatibility to be used for the maps persistence
The following are the current main features of JEM, the BEE:
- Cloud-aware: runs on cluster mode
- Cross platform: is a java application, so can run everywhere!
- Swarm: is the feature to join different JEM groups together, routing the execution of jobs on another group! Consider it like "the cloud of clouds"!
- Multi job control languages: is able to manage Apache ANT and VMWare SpringBatch application frameworks
- SpringBatch improvementsnew: reduced the configuration related to JEM and custom tags to use in the better way JEM features, like datadescriptions, datasets, datasources and locks!
- BigData enablementnew: first possible integration with Apache Hadoop using Spring for Hadoop
- Multi programming languages: is able to manage, by Apache ANT, many programming languages to use for business logic
- Vertical scalability: for users who have got big machines with many resources can use a unique node, changing dinamically the number of jobs which can be run
- Parallel Computing: uses multiple processing elements simultaneously, breaking the business logic into independent parts so that each processing element can execute its part of the algorithm simultaneously with the others. JEM uses JPPF integration to perform parallel tasks!
- WEB User interface: complete web interface
- Eclipse plugin: a plugin for Eclipse which provides to developers the capability to connect to many JEM environments and work on them, testing own batch application
- Job Monitoring: by user interface, you can monitor all job executions
- Output management: is able to collect jcl output and to see by user interfaces
- Security engine: roles engine, both on user interfaces and during job executions
- Common resources: common repository of resources accessing by JNDI or environment variables
- Resources template: capabilities to create custom common resources which can be used inside JEM. With this feature you can connect all middleware, database and application that you want, maintaining a central configuration of them!
- GDG: versioning files like mainframe ones
- Multi data pathsnew: multiple moint points (and then file systems) could be configured to store business data. Using RegEx you can address files on different paths which can use file systems with different backup or performance policies.
- GlusterFS and Apache HDFSnew: used and configured to be used as global file systems for JEM
- Global resources system: engine to synchronize resources (mainly files) inside the cluster
- License: JEM, the BEE is under GPL version 3!! Pay attention that the previous versions (before 1.3) were distributed with different (and not compliant with GPL) license! JEM, the BEE Eclipse plugin is under EPL version 1
- public repositories GIT: all source code will be available here!